Kentucky governor signs emergency regulation to require background checks for long-term care providers
On Nov. 20, 2015, Kentucky Gov. Steve Beshear signed 906 KAR 1:190E, an emergency regulation which will require the following care providers to obtain fingerprint-supported State and National background checks on new employees:
- Long-term care facilities, including nursing facilities, nursing homes, intermediate care facilities, Alzheimer’s nursing homes, personal care homes and intermediate care facilities for individuals with intellectual disabilities (excludes family care homes);
- Nursing pools providing staff to long-term care facilities;
- Adult day health care programs;
- Assisted-living communities;
- Home health agencies;
- Personal services agencies;
- Providers of hospice care, including residential hospice providers; and
- Providers of home and community-based services.
Effective Jan. 1, 2016, providers will need to enroll in KARES—an online portal which facilitates the pre-employment background check process—in order to obtain renewed licenses. This online portal creates a single sign-on point where an employer is able to store pre-employment background check information and receive notifications on applicant information.
Source: Kentucky.gov, 11/20/2015
Everyone I have contacted at Certiphi has been a complete pleasure to work with. The Certiphi customer service rivals every other customer service I come in contact with. Everyone is always so professional, yet super nice! Thanks for all you do and keep up the amazing work and impeccable service that you provide!!!
Thank you so much! You have such an incredible reputation within our office; I think we would all say your customer service levels are continually at about 125%!
The response time has been very quick. The turnaround times are great. I love your systems and that I can go in and look at the process as its going.
It’s such a great customer service that you provide and I’m happy to tell that to anyone.
Working with Certiphi has been such a pleasure. Certiphi has taught me so much, not just about backgrounds but also the meaning of great business.
We flew through our NCQA licensure review. We very much appreciate Certiphi's help in earning a 100% score for the files!