New Version of Form I-9 Released; Effective August 1, 2023
Tags : I-9/E-Verify Compliance
USCIS has released the long-awaited new version of Form I-9
On July 25, 2023, USCIS released the final revisions of the amended Form I-9. This process, which began in March of 2022, results in a radically-changed Form I-9. Employers can begin using the new version on August 1, 2023, but must begin using it no later than November 1, 2023.
Among many other changes, the new version:
- Reduces Sections 1 and 2 to a single sheet;
- Creates two new supplement pages; one for Preparer/Translator information and another for Rehire/Reverification information;
- Eliminates the term "alien" and replaces it with "noncitizen;"
- Lists Acceptable Receipts and adds a link to information on employment authorization extensions; and
- Adds a checkbox to identify if the Form I-9 was completed virtually.
Along with the new version of Form I-9, USCIS has released a new version of the Form I-9 instructions, which:
- Reduces the length from 15 to 8 pages;
- Streamlines steps for Form I-9 completion; and
- Adds instructions for use of the new checkbox.
Below are some important links relating to the new Form I-9:
- The new Form I-9, which must be implemented no later than November 1, 2023
- New Form I-9 instructions
- Federal Register notice
If you have any questions about the new Form I-9, please reach out to your Certiphi Sales Executive or Account Manager.
Posted: July 25, 2023
All Rights Reserved © 2023 Certiphi Screening, Inc.
This document and/or presentation is provided as a service to our customers. Its contents are designed solely for informational purposes, and should not be inferred or understood as legal advice or binding case law, nor shared with any third parties. Persons in need of legal assistance should seek the advice of competent legal counsel. Although care has been taken in preparation of these materials, we cannot guarantee the accuracy, currency or completeness of the information contained within it. Anyone using this information does so at his or her own risk.
Everyone I have contacted at Certiphi has been a complete pleasure to work with. The Certiphi customer service rivals every other customer service I come in contact with. Everyone is always so professional, yet super nice! Thanks for all you do and keep up the amazing work and impeccable service that you provide!!!
Thank you so much! You have such an incredible reputation within our office; I think we would all say your customer service levels are continually at about 125%!
The response time has been very quick. The turnaround times are great. I love your systems and that I can go in and look at the process as its going.
It’s such a great customer service that you provide and I’m happy to tell that to anyone.
Working with Certiphi has been such a pleasure. Certiphi has taught me so much, not just about backgrounds but also the meaning of great business.
We flew through our NCQA licensure review. We very much appreciate Certiphi's help in earning a 100% score for the files!